Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hello to the KA-POW Creative Challenge

Yesterday, I mentioned that I had a chance to finish two challenge cards!  Well, now it's time to show you the other card I created.  This one is for the current KA-POW Creative Challenge (KKC03), which is a color challenge to use Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Wisteria Wonder, and Whisper White.  These colors are so bright and cheery!   So, here's the happy card I created using them: 



I used a Daffodil Delight card stock base, and then added pieces from the Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper.  The layout was inspired by an older Mojo Monday layout (#194) that I had printed out a while ago and was sitting on my desk because I have been wanting to make something with it for a long time.  I just turned the layout on its side because that worked better with the paper pieces I wanted to use. 

The white strip along the bottom is a piece of Whisper White that I die cut using the Big Shot and the Tasteful Trim die.  I tied a piece of Wisteria Wonder ribbon around the card and into a bow above the white strip. 

To finish off the card, I added the flower embellishment and the "Hello" greeting.  Those pieces were both created using stamps from the Posy Punch hostess set.  I stamped the "Hello" in Wisteria Wonder Classic Ink, and punched it out with the 1" Circle punch.  

For the flower, I stamped in Daffodil Delight on Whisper White card stock, and punched it out using the Fancy Flower punch.  I added a Pumpkin Pie button from the Bold Brights Designer Buttons pack on top.  On top of that, I layered another image from the Posy Punch set (the flower in the circle), which I punched out with the 1/2" Circle Punch.  I inserted a Wisteria Wonder Designer Printed Brad through that before adhering to the button.  Here's a close up of the flower:





Hope you're having a great weekend!   Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the designer papers you used and the card is so beautiful! Great take on the challenge.
Marnie

Laura Haffke said...

This card really showcases the challenge colors and it is really vibrant and pretty.

Anita Krul said...

Love your card... it is so cheerful!

Carrie Gaskin said...

So much fun! I love your panels of designer paper and your attention to detail on that button is fantastic! Thanks for playing at KKC this week.

Anonymous said...

Love the color and pattern mix on this card, Michelle!!! Anita is right...sooooo cheerful! Marlene Caravello