Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Stocking from Santa Card

The Holiday Stocking Bigz Die is so much fun -- here's another project I made with it.  Here I used it just to decorate the card front . . . although, you could make the stocking so it would hold a treat onto the front of the card, and that would be a fun way to give a little treat, too.



The card base is Basic Black, with a layer of Whisper White and then the Pink Pirouette layer on top of that.  I embossed the Pink Pirouette Layer using the Tulip Frame Embossing Folder. 

I cut the stocking out of Cherry Cobbler.  I attached the heel and toe, which are cut out of the beautiful Holly Berry Bouquet Designer Series Paper.  Then, I embossed the stocking with the Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder.  I wanted only a soft, quilted look, though, so after I embossed the stocking, I ran it through the Big Shot again, with no embossing folder, just between the plates, to smooth the embossing down a bit.  I used the same technique on the stocking topper, then attached that and the stocking to the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. 

I used the Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon to make the loop and bow. 

To make the "from Santa" tag, I die cut an Oval, then embossed it using the oval frame from the Designer Frames Embossing Folders set.  I punched out an oval to fit inside that, and stamped the words on there (I used a Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker to ink up only the words I wanted from the words in the Dear Santa stamp set).  Then I sponged around the edges using Pink Pirouette ink before attaching to the tag.

For a recent swap with my SUper Friends group, I decided it would be fun to jazz this card up a bit more and add some of the fun Mini Jingle Bells, too.   Here's how that turned out:


Here's a close up of the jingle bells.  I attached them to the quilted ribbon and Bakers Twine using Tombo Multi.


Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love how you put this together, Michelle! It is even prettier in person! TFS! Marlene Caravello