Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Fun!

Happy day-after Thanksgiving!  We had a fun day yesterday -- we had friends over for dinner with us, and it was great to share a meal with them, and our boys had a wonderful time playing with their friends, too. 

My boys woke up this morning ready to start decorating for Christmas, so we're in the process of that!  The lights are up outside, and the tree is up and my oldest has almost put all the ornaments on . . . still a few more to do later this afternoon.  Before we completely move along to Christmas, though, I wanted to stop and post a few fun Thanksgiving projects . . . have been meaning to do this all week, but this is the first chance I've had! 

The first is a beautiful waterfall technique card I received in a swap with my talented friend Marlene Caravello a while back:





Isn't it wonderful!?!! 

The next set of projects are some fun turkey cards that my boys made with me:





We used the Owl Builder Punch with the ears trimmed off to make each turkey's body, then random ribbons from my ribbon jar for the tail feathers.  The beak is a trimmed off pennant punch, and the waddle is a small heart from the Owl Punch.  These turkeys were inspired by this wonderful card by Sandie Conner, which I first spotted when it was chosen as the Super Hero of the Ka-Pow Kreative Challenge 04 (KKC04).   These turkeys are just too much fun to make! 

Well, I'd better get back to helping the boys with the Christmas decorating! 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for showing off my Thanksgiving waterfall card, Michelle!!! And, I just love the turkeys you made with the boys...what a hoot!!! Very cute turkeys! Marlene Caravello