Monday, December 5, 2011

My Digital Studio Projects: Thanks Card and a Few Calendar Pages

Wow!  It's December!!!  And, already almost a week into December, at that!  It seems like time really speeds up at the end of the year . . . does it feel like that to you, too?

So, I must confess, I have been busy with other projects and haven't had a chance yet to take photos of the most recent SUperFriends swap or the My Digital Studio printed projects that came back last week, but hopefully will soon!  In the meantime, though, I want to show you the printed version of a card I created as part of my entry into the most recent My Digital Studio contest.  Here is the cover:


I had fun adding lots of details . . . there are different layers of punches behind the Medallion digital stamp to add the different colors, digital stitching around the Medallion as well, and lots of layers of ribbon, scallops, stitching and more in the background. 

Here's the inside:



I used the Top Note Digital Punch to create the area for the message inside the card, and continued the layers from the front.  I also added a couple of flowers, created with layers of Fun Flower Digital Punches, and with lots of digital pearls for the centers.  I used this for my Thanksgiving cards, but if you changed the color scheme, you could make the design work for other occasions as well.

While working in My Digital Studio last week on a calendar for 2012, I realized that after a good start, I'd forgotten for quite a few months to show you the pages I'd made for my 2011 calendar.  So, here are several of the ones I missed: 






The background papers, months, year, and tags for these pages come from the Noteable 2011 Desktop Calendar Digital Kit.  I think it is really neat that even though the kit was designed to create a desktop calendar, I was able to use the elements from it to create an 11 x 8 1/2" calendar, relatively easily. (The only slightly challenging part was creating the calendar pages that coordinate with the photo pages I've shown you.  That required combining 11 x 8 1/2" calendar templates for each month of 2011 with the coordinating labels from the Noteable kit).  I added stamps and embellishments from other kits onto these pages as well, to customize them a bit more. 

For the 2012 calendar I just finished this weekend, I started with the new Year to Remember 2012 Calendar template.  (I'll try post some of my pages from that soon, too.) The Year to Remember template is for a 12 x 12" calendar, and I again wanted to create an 11 x 8 1/2" calendar.  However, it was very easy to convert that by just shrinking the kit's calendar pages to fit on my 11 x 8-1/2" pages.  I love the designer papers in the kit, and as for the papers in the Noteable kit, I'm sure I'll be using them on cards, scrapbook pages, and more in My Digital Studio soon. 

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Merlyn said...

Very pretty:)

Anonymous said...

Love your MDS ideas, Michelle!!! I can't wait to show the Christmas card to my club members. The scrapbook pages are very cool. Great layouts. TFS! Marlene Caravello