Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Delicate Doily Birthday Wishes

Here's another emboss resist card I have created using the combination of the Hello, Doily stamp and the Delicate Doilies stamp sets.  For this one, I wanted a really pretty, feminine card, so I used a color combination of Pool Party, Regal Rose, and Pretty in Pink.  Here's how it turned out:




I first stamped the Hello, Doily image in Versamark on Whisper White card stock, and embossed it using Clear Embossing Powder.  Then, I stamped the Delicate Doily images using either Regal Rose or Pool Party Classic Ink.  Finally, I sponged on Regal Rose and Pool Party inks in various places, but particularly around the Hello, Doily image, so it would "pop" out.

I added a small circle of fabric (from the Springtime Vintage collection) behind the little flower embellishment (which I created using the Boho Blossom punch and pieces of Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink).  I also used Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon.

The greeting is from the Perfect Pairs stamp set.  It is stamped in Early Espresso on Whisper White.  I punched that out with the Large Oval Punch, and layered that onto a piece of Early Espresso punched with the Scallop Oval Punch.

Emboss resist is such a fun technique!  If you'd like to see a couple of other cards I created using the same technique, please be sure to check out this blog post.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: