Saturday, January 14, 2012

Jungle Love for the KKC09 Color Challenge!

I am so excited, I actually had a chance to play along today with the current KAPOW Kreative Challenge.  This week is a color challenge:

When I saw the colors, the first thing that came to mind for me is that Cajun Craze and River Rock are in the Well Worn Designer Series Paper pack, and it would be fun to use that to create a Valentine's card.  I've been playing around a lot with my new Labels Collection Framelits, so I also decided to create a shaped card.  Here's how that turned out:


I used the P.S. I Love You stamp set, which is from the new Occasions Mini, for the heart and the sentiment.  The heart is stamped in Cajun Craze Classic Ink on River Rock card stock.  After stamping, I sponged the edges with Cajun Craze ink, then sponged the whole heart with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint.   I couldn't stop there, though.  I had to sponge the outside of the Soft Suede label piece with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, too.  Hard to capture the shimmer with a photo, but this one does a little better than the one above:


The heart reminds me of a leopard print, which is what got me thinking this is kind of a "jungle love"-looking card.  Here's a closer view of the heart:



I added a few touches of Regal Rose -- first, in the flower embellishment on the heart.  This was created from two of the medium sized flowers on the Boho Blossoms Punch.  I used a stylus in the center of the flowers, then curled the flowers upward to add more dimension and shape to them.  Then, I inserted a Fire Rhinestone Brad in the center. 

For the "love you" tag coming out of the heart, I started with a strip of Very Vanilla, trimmed it into shape, then sponged it with Regal Rose Classic Ink and a bit of Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. 

The final touch I added was a bit of "faux stitching" with a River Rock Stampin' Write Marker around the edge of the designer paper label layer.

This was a really great color challenge -- and particularly fun for the Valentine's cards (you know you need to make some!)  So, hope you'll play along, too!!!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

3 comments:

Carrie Gaskin said...

Pretty Pretty Pretty! I love this and LOVE the sponging! Great job on this week's challenge and thank you for playing with us at KKC!

Anonymous said...

Great job, thanks for participating. I love your layered flower!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michelle...love your apothecary Valentine card...very cool looking! Marlene Caravello