Friday, January 20, 2012

Fresh Vintage Label Shaped Card for Late Night Stampers Challenge 156

Happy Friday!  We have a rainy day here . . . in fact, my boys are a bit disappointed because the rain is too light.  They were hoping for big rain and thunderstorms . . . that's pretty rare here, though!   And, that's something I'm thankful for since I'd seen plenty of those before we moved here!!!

Anyway, on to the card I want to share with you today!!!  This is a shaped card I came up with while working on a make and take for my hostess tea tomorrow, and it also happens to fit this week's challenge over at Late Night Stampers!!!  

I created this card using the Labels Framelits (can you tell I'm loving these!?!!!)  


This card is made with a Very Vanilla Base, and a Pool Party layer on top of that.  Then, I added a Very Vanilla frame, and inside that, another piece of Very Vanilla, cut with a smaller one of the Labels Framelits.  The Pool Party Base and center piece were both stamped with an image from the Fresh Vintage Sale-a-Bration set (Only 4 more days until Sale-a-Bration starts!!)  I then sponged around the center label with Pretty in Pink on top and Lucky Limeade on the bottom. 

The greeting is from the Apothecary Labels set, stamped in Lucky Limeade on Lucky Limeade Card Stock.  

Butterflies are embossed and die cut using the Beautiful Wings Embosslit and the Big Shot.  I added a Pearl Jewel in the center of each one.  

Here's another view, so you can see how this card opens from the side:


And, here's the back . . . you can see from this that I created the card by running the Very Vanilla card base through the Framelit with the fold inside one side of the frame:
  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the shape of your apothecary card, Michelle! Beautiful layout. TFS! Marlene Caravello