Monday, February 20, 2012

Birthday Cupcake Card

Happy Monday!  I really enjoyed my Creative Connections class yesterday -- it is always wonderful to have some crafty time with great friends!!!  On Friday, I showed you one of the cards we would be making, and today I have another one to show you.  Here it is:



This card is on an Island Indigo base, with a layer of the Island Indigo heart paper from the Sweet Shop Specialty Designer Series Paper on the bottom of the card.  I added some Island Indigo Ruffled Ribbon above that.  Then, I stamped the cupcake image from Sweet Cake in Pool Party on Pool Party Card Stock.  I cleaned the stamp, then used Real Red, So Saffron, and Early Espresso Stampin' Write Markers to color the cupcake image, and stamped that onto Whisper White Card Stock.  I fussy-cut the image, then attached it to the Pool Party layer using Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the "Happy Birthday" greeting in Island Indigo on a strip of Whisper White Card Stock, then trimmed the ends to make the piece look like a banner.  This piece is attached to the Pool Party layer using two Stampin' Dimensionals on each side of the banner so it sticks up higher than the cupcake.

Then, for finishing touches, I added the littlest heart die cut from the Fashionable Hearts Embosslit Die below the greeting.  It is cut out from a scrap of Calypso Coral, and covered with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details. I also used the Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details on the cherry, and clear Dazzling Details on the cupcake frosting.  There are little dots of Dazzling Details around the edge of the Pool Party-stamped image as well.  Here's a closer look at the details (with apologies, not the best photo!):



Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Marlene Caravello