Friday, February 17, 2012

Go Fly a Kite!

Here's a fun card I created for my new Creative Connections Class coming up this Sunday:  



I used the Send Me Soaring stamp set from the Occasions Mini to create the kites and clouds on a piece of Whisper White die cut with one of the new Label Framelits.  The clouds and kite strings are embossed on the Whisper White and I sponged color around them.

The kites are stamped in Real Red, Pacific Point, and Tangerine Tango (from left to right), and I stamped their tails in the same color.

The card base is Tempting Turquoise, and I added another layer, which I had embossed with the Stripes Textured Embossing Folder, at the bottom of the card.

The ribbon is Tangerine Tango 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon.  I debated between that and Real Red Taffeta, but the polka dots won out!

Really looking forward to this class -- we'll be making this card, plus one other which I'll show after class (and possibly a bonus card as well!)

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

2 comments:

Laura Pinto-Nguyen said...

Super cute and happy card. Love the colors and the design.

P.S. Sorry I have been out of touch lately. Life has been very busy but good. I love seeing your creations and photos of you and your boys (they sure are growing fast and they are so handsome).

Anonymous said...

Sweet card! Love the colors...so inviting! Marlene Caravello