Monday, February 6, 2012

Valentine's Kids Class

On Friday, I had a Valentine's Kids Class, and am really happy with how the projects turned out.  I am really loving the new Sweet Shoppe Designer Series Paper -- it's perfect for fun, playful Valentine's and birthday cards.  We created a card in the class, and a 3D heart spinner decoration.

Here's the card:



This is a 4.25" square card, with a Wisteria Wonder base, a layer of Calypso Coral, and then on top of that, a layer of the Sweet Shoppe DSP.  We used the Heart Framelits to die cut the heart in the center of the designer paper.  The owl is from the Fox and Friends stamp set, and was stamped in Soft Suede on Whisper White.  The beak was colored using Calypso Coral, and then the image was punched out using the Heart Punch.  I added one of the Jelly Bean brads on the heart.  Then, for the finishing touch, tucked in a Pool Party flag with the "be my valentine" sentiment from the P.S. I Love You stamp set.

Here's the 3D heart spinner decoration:





This is created from four cardstock hearts, which I cut using the Heart Framelits out of Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, and Wisteria Wonder card stock.  Each heart was folded in the center, and then one half glued to another heart, until they were all connected.  The ribbon is from the Sale-a-Bration Everyday Enchantment embellishment set, and was glued in the center of the hearts before they were all connected.

The hearts in the center of each of the card stock hearst are cut from Sweet Shoppe Designer Series Paper using a Heart Framelit that is two sizes smaller than the one used for the card stock hearts.  Then, I had fun decorating each of the hearts using sentiments from the Sweet Cake stamp set, rhinestone jewels, and hearts die cut using the new Fashionable Hearts Embosslit.      

My idea for this heart spinner came from Pinterest (such a great site for collecting and organizing things that inspire you!), and the original blog post that mine was inspired by is here.  

Stay tuned for more Valentine's projects tomorrow!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute, Michelle! I was invited out to Pinterest...but it scared me, so I never really logged in. Maybe you can explain it to me. Marlene Caravello