Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Angry Birds Birthday Party

Yesterday, I showed the card I created for my oldest for his most recent birthday, and that reminded me that I've been meaning for a while to show you some of the projects I made for my little guy's 6th birthday near the end of last year.  My little guy adores Angry Birds, and so I searched the Internet for ideas . . . and found quite a few (even without the help of Pinterest at the time . . . now it would be so much easier, I bet!!!)

Anyway, the kids helped me create a Piggie-ata (pinata).  Here it is in progress:




 And, unfortunately, the best picture I could find of the finished Piggie (sorry it is blurry, from the dent on the side, I'm thinking I took this shot right after Piggie had been hit!):


I found the instructions for making the Piggie-ata on this great blog.

The kids also made Angry Birds Balloons using these awesome templates from The Party Animal blog.   Here are a couple of the balloons we created:



And, I think my favorite project was the playable Angry Birds cake.  The idea and recipes for that came from Simply Styled Home and My Cake Adventures.   Here is a photo of some of our fondant birds:

 My big guy helping create the pigs:


And, our finished cake:

The kids loved being able to play with their cake before eating it!  

And, for the thank you notes, I used My Digital Studio to create a card with photos from the party on one side, and this space for my little guy to write his note on the back:


The strips of color in the Pacific Point sky were added by using digitally "stretched out" square punches, filled in with Tempting Turquoise.  The clouds are the frosting of the Digital Cupcake Punch layered on top of each other.  I used the Feast of Flesh font for the "Thank You."

Thanks for stopping by!  If you have Angry Birds fanatics in your friends and family, hope this inspires you to create something fun for them!!!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow...you sure have been busy (again!). What a fantastic childhood those boys have! How fun!!! Marlene Caravello