Monday, March 12, 2012

F-16 9th Birthday Card

My oldest turned 9 a little earlier this year, and he loves airplanes, so I knew I had to make a card for him with the airplane from the Need for Speed Stamp set.  Here's how it turned out:



This is a larger than standard card, created by folding an 8-1/2 x 11" piece of Night of Navy in half.  I then used a 8-1/4 x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White on the front. 

I stamped the planes repeatedly in Night of Navy Classic Ink in the 9 shape. I added some Gold Foil Smooch onto the planes to try to make them look a bit more like Blue Angels.
 
For the sky, I added the clouds from the Send Me Soaring set in Pool Party.  Then, I sponged around the clouds with more Pool Party.  The greeting is from the Sweet Cake stamp set. 

My son enjoyed this card, and I hope you like it, too.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man...that is the coolest card I have seen in a long time!!! Way to go, Michelle! I just got that set and now I feel inspired to use it! TFS, Marlene Caravello