Thursday, April 19, 2012

Catching Up!

Hi, everyone!!!  It's been quite a while since I've posted . . . life has been full.  Last week I was working on finalizing the last few pages to submit to the publisher for my boys' school's yearbook, plus we had lots of baseball and school activities.  My favorite of the school activities was seeing my oldest son transform into Abraham Lincoln for his Living History Day presentation!  If you'll indulge me for a proud momma moment, here he is:


We made his top hat by converting a "bowler-style" party hat from a party store using my paper crafting supplies.  We wrapped two sheets of Basic Black 12 x 12 card stock around the top of the hat, and adhered them with Sticky Strip (marvelous stuff!)  Then, we created a circular insert for the top . . . we started with a circle a little larger than the top of the hat, cut slits every few half-inches from the edge of the circle to the part that would line up with the top of the hat, then put sticky strip inside the hat and stuck the flaps on the insert to that.  Hard to explain in words -- would be so much easier to show -- but hopefully that makes sense!

Then, we were off to Arizona for a couple days to visit family!  We took lots of photos there, and I need to start scrapbooking those, so hopefully will have some My Digital Studio-created pages to show you soon.  Speaking of My Digital Studio, there were some fun new downloads released this week -- be sure to head over to check those out here (after you finish reading this post of course!)

And, while I was away, Stampin' Up! released the retiring stamps list.  There are quite a few sets on this list -- they're only available through May 31st, so be sure to get your favorites before they're gone for good!  You can click on the image below to see the stamp sets in the online store:




Or, click here to see a the stamps listed in a pdf file.

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: