Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter!  Hope you are having a wonderful day!  Our day started early, with our boys very excited to find out what was in their baskets and to hunt the eggs hidden around the house (which seemed to take no time at all!)  It's been a great day here -- even beautiful, sunny weather at last!

I wanted to share some Easter cards and projects with you that I've been working on and that I've received this past week . . . was hoping to do it in multiple posts this week, but alas, life got in the way!  :)

So, here goes!  First up are some cards I had fun creating using the Heaven Blessed set from the Occasions Mini.  I decided to try out using Stampin' Write Markers to watercolor on Watercolor Paper (had to try it on Whisper White to see how it worked, too, and have to admit the Watercolor Paper makes a big difference).






Except for the top card, which uses paper from the Everyday Elegance Designer Series Paper, the cards have designer series paper from the Berry Blossoms pack.  I used the Label Framelits to create the shapes around the images.  And, the bottom four cards have a layer of Whisper White that was first cut with the Adorning Accents Edgelits die and embossed with the Adorning Accents embossing folder.

I also decorated the inside of these a bit, again using Adorning Accents to create a pretty edge:


I also have to share with you the most adorable Easter bunny box that my amazing and talented friend Marlene Caravello recently sent to me:





And, a beautiful cross card from Marlene as well:




To create this card, Marlene used this technique by Frenchie Martin.  And here's the inside, with a pop-up dove:



Hope you enjoyed these!  

Thanks for checking out my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: