Saturday, April 21, 2012

Summer Smooches Hybrid Pop Up Card

One of the challenges in my most recent swap with my amazing friend Marlene was to create a card that either had an unusual fold or moved.  I decided to try a free standing pop-up card!  I'd seen these before, and found this wonderful tutorial on Splitcoaststampers.   Having the Simply Scored Tool makes creating the score lines even easier!  I also decided to create part of the card using the Summer Smooches Digital Download Kit.  Here's the card, all popped up (with apologies because these photos were taken inside and the lighting just wasn't the best):


The panel with the designer paper and greeting was created in My Digital Studio and printed on Whisper White on my home printer, then trimmed to size.  I created the little flowers using different sizes of circle punches, then ruffling the edges of each circle, and assembling them with a Bold Brights Brad.  The ribbon around the base is the new Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon.

Here's the other side of the card:


For this side, I used a strip of paper from the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper pack, next to a strip of Whisper White that could be used to write a message to the card's recipient.  I added more of the layered-circle flowers on this side as well.  Here's a close up of the flowers:



The free standing pop-up was great fun to make -- much easier than I expected!  Hope you'll be inspired to give it a try.  Please be sure to let me know if you do -- would love to see what you create.

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: