Monday, April 2, 2012

Summer Smooches Purses

Happy April!!!  This month brings a special promotion from Stampin' Up! -- Summer Smooches -- a sneak peek of some exciting new products from the upcoming 2012-2013 Catalog!  I pre-ordered some of the new products, and while I am enjoying everything, I think my favorite so far is the new Petite Purse Bigz L Die.  I've used it with the bright and beautiful new Summer Smooches Designer Paper to create these little purses, which I decorated with Bold Bright Designer Buttons or with flowers punched with the Boho Blossoms Punch, then filled with some ribbon and brads as a gift for customers who placed orders during the last week of Sale-a-Bration:

 (In the center of each button is a Jewel Rhinestone, which I colored orange using a permanent marker).

For these purses, I used mini brads to attach the handle.  (I tucked the handle inside the purse, but you could put it on the outside instead, if you preferred.)  Here's a closer view of a purse with a punched flower:


And, here's another purse that I created (this was for a shoebox swap at the last SUper Friends Meeting):

For the decoration on the front, I punched a 3/4" Circle out of the Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper, then a smaller (maybe 1/2" Circle) out of another section of the paper.  I put a Bold Bright brad through the two pieces, ruffled up the top piece, then attached it all to the purse with a dimensional.  I also added little tag to the purse, using the Tiny Tags stamp set (colored image with Stampin' Write Markers) and the Jewelry tag punch.  The tag is attached to the purse with a Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine bow:



 For this purse, the handle is attached on the outside, using Bold Bright brads.

Aren't these fun?!  Lots of possibilities for fun favors and little treats with these!  (You can see some adorable purses Heather Summers created for Easter here).

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

1 comment:

inkedx2 said...

I love this paper. I did not get the purse die but yours are cute!