Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Embossed Smooches . . .

Hi!  Happy Tuesday!  Today is digital download day, and there are five new digital downloads over in my Stampin' Up! store.  Click here to check them out!  I think my favorite this week is the Nifty Fifty kit . . . some fun possibilities for scrapbooking road trips with that one . . . or tracking which states you've visited!  The Ahoy Matey kit has some fun possibilities . . . and the Happy Camper . . . and the It's a Wrap . . . and the Sunflower.  Well, I guess I want them all!!!  

Anyway, last week I posted one of the cards we made in my April Creative Connections class.  Today, I have the second one to show you.  Here it is:


This card was inspired by a layout I saw in the May 2012 Cards magazine.  I thought the layout would be fun to do with the embedded embossing technique.  To do that, I punched 1" circles out of different designs from the Summer Smooches Designer Paper (available as part of a sneak peek special last month, and will be available again when the new Stampin' Up! Catalog comes out on June 1st).  Then, adhered the circles to the Daffodil Delight Card Stock piece, and ran it though the Big Shot in the Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  

The card base is Old Olive.  I added Rich Razzleberry and Tempting Turquoise trim, which I cut on the Big Shot using the Tasteful Trim Bigz Die.  

The flower was created by cutting two flowers out of Real Red Card Stock using the Fun Flower Die and the Big Shot. I punched a 3/4" Circle out of Tangerine Tango, and layered that on top of the flowers.  Then, I inserted a Summer Smooches Fabric Brad through the center.  The flower's leaves were punched out of Lucky Limeade using the Blossom Petals Punch.

The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped in Old Olive Classic Ink on Whisper White Card Stock, and punched out with the Modern Label Punch.  

Here's another variation on the design, with a different brad from the Summer Smooches pack and using Rich Razzleberry for the greeting instead.



And, one more variation -- I used this card for a swap with my SUper Friends group, and wanted something everyone could re-create with current products, and since the Summer Smooches Brads are sold out, I replaced those with one of the Pumpkin Pie buttons from the Bold Brights Button Pack.  I tied some Calypso Coral Baker's Twine through the center of the button.  I dyed the twine Tangerine Tango using a Stampin' Write Marker.  I was not sure if the Snow Burst folder would be in the new Catalog, so I switched to the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Here's the card:




I finished the inside of these cards as well.  Pretty simple -- I just used a piece of Whisper White card stock and more of the Rich Razzleberry and Turquoise Trim, as on the front of the card:


Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: