Friday, May 18, 2012

Irresistible Cake with a Cherry on Top!

Here's a fun birthday card I whipped up this week using this week's Mojo Monday sketch (#241), the amazing Patty Bennett's May Technique Challenge (emboss resist -- one of my favorites!!!), and sneak peek goodies from the new Stampin' Up! Catalog (please let me know if you need a copy, and I'll be glad to get one to you).

Here's the card I created: 



I stamped the cake stand and cover using Versamark on Whisper White card stock, then sprinkled on clear embossing powder and heat embossed.  The card stock was then die cut using an Apothecary Labels Framelit.

I used Chocolate Chip, Primrose Petals, and Raspberry Ripple Stampin' Write Markers to stamp the "cake."  For the cherry, I inked the stamp with Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple and Gumball Green Stampin' Write Markers, then stamped.  I then sponged around the images, first with Bashful Blue ink, and finally with Midnight Muse classic ink.

Behind the embossed resist centerpiece, I layered a piece of Chocolate Chip card stock, which had been embossed with the Stripes Embossing Folder.  Behind that is a layer of Primrose Petals card stock.  The card base is Raspberry Ripple.

For the finishing touches, I added a Regal Rose seam binding ribbon bow (which works, but I can't wait to get some new In Color ribbon so the color coordination will be even better!), and one of the smallest daisies from the Paper Daisy pack with a Shimmer Brad in the center.

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle


2 comments:

Patty Bennett said...

Love it Michelle!! Thank you for leaving the link on my challenge blog post :) Patty

Agnes said...

This is a beautiful card, thank you so much!!!