Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!  My husband took me fishing with the boys on Mother's Day, and I teased him that since I did what he wanted to do on Mother's Day, today he'd have to scrapbook with me.  I didn't hold him to that, though.  Instead, he and the boys went fishing again, while I stayed home and have been preparing for a busy week ahead!  And, now I have a few minutes to pop in here, so I thought I'd share a card design that I used for both his Father's Day card and some thank you cards he gave to his assistant coaches for our oldest's baseball team.

I used the team's colors -- had to go back into my retired inks and papers to find just the right color, Taken with Teal,  for the card base (their Little League team this season was the Marlins).  And, I also used two now retired sets -- Home Run and Extreme Elements.  There's a new stamp set called Great Sport that I think would work well to do something similar, and it's high on my wish list, but I couldn't get it in time to make these cards!  So, without further ado, here's what I created:



The stars and the "Home Run" are heat embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, so they have a great shine i.  I used the new Apothecary Accents Framelits to create the focal piece, and the "Home Run" banner was die cut using one of the new Bitty Banners Framelits. The Basic Black card stock layer along the bottom is embossed using the Stripes Embossing Folder.  I just ran it through the folder twice, lining it up carefully the second time, to  have the stripes go along the entire length of the card stock.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle



No comments: