Monday, June 25, 2012

Owl Graduation and Teacher Appreciation Cards


I'm back again!  We had a busy but fun last week at our church's Vacation Bible School.  I'll share the projects from that soon, but first wanted to finish sharing a couple of fun projects I made for the boys' teachers.  The first was for Timothy's kindergarten teacher, who received her Ph.D. this year.  I saw a couple of neat cards using the Owl Builder Punch (one by Helen, whose amazing card you can see here, and the other by Mary Fish, whose equally amazing card you can see here), and CASE'd them to come up with this:  

I created the background for the owl, by repeated stamping some appropriate sentiment stamps in More Mustard ink on Very Vanilla.  I sponged around the layer with More Mustard as well.  Here's a close up, so you can see that a little better:


And, here's a card Daniel helped me create for his third grade teacher.  He selected some of the Play Date Designer Series Paper (now retired), and we took it from there:


My favorite part of this owl is that it is holding a little apple for the teacher -- we created the apple using the cherry from the Cupcake Builder Punch!  Pretty clever, huh?!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!

- Michelle


No comments: