Thursday, June 14, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Treats

My boys had their last days of kindergarten and third grade this week, and now we are getting settled into summer vacation!  Before school ended, I was busily creating gifts for end of school and end of baseball season and I will share those soon, but first I wanted to share with you some teacher appreciation treats I made about a month back for our school's "bring your teacher a treat" day.  I decided to make homemade fudge for the boys' teachers and some other staff members, and of course, that meant I needed some fun packaging, too.

For the packaging, I decided to use cello bags, tied with some ribbon and a tag, and then inserted into a box made with the Fancy Favor Bigz XL Die.  I created the tags in My Digital Studio, then used my home printer to print them out on Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched them out using the Scallop Oval Punch.  I just love how My Digital Studio coordinates so easily with non-digital Stampin' Up! products as well!


For the box, I decided to re-create this project I made a while back, just changing the colors and shapes a bit.  I die cut the box from Groovy Guava (a long-retired In Color -- you could use Calypso Coral for a similar look), then heat embossed the Hello, Doily image using Versamark Ink and White Embossing Powder.  For the accent piece, I die cut a piece of Soft Sky (another long-retired In Color, but Pool Party could be substituted for a similar look) using the new Apothecary Accents Framelits.  I layered a piece of Very Vanilla cut from the new Bitty Banners Framelits on top of that.  The "fabulous you" is from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  I created the flowers by stamping the image from Itty Bitty Bits in Melon Mambo (stamped off for some of the flowers), then punching out with the coordinating Itty Bitty Punch.  The leaves are punched from Wild Wasabi Card Stock using the branch from the Bird Builder Punch.



Here are the boxes completely assembled and ready to go.  I used some Soft Sky ribbon from my stash as well as some Pool Party Baker's Twine to attach the tag and close the cello bag.


Hope you like this project idea!  Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

- Michelle

No comments: