Friday, July 13, 2012

Lots of Reasons to Smile

Hi, everyone!  We're back from our summer vacation, and had a wonderful time in Colorado!  I'm rested and ready to get back to some stamping and crafting . . . so should be lots to see on the blog in coming days!!!   

The first thing I'm excited to share with you is a stamp set that is called Reason to Smile . . . you've already seen a preview of it here on my blog in this post a little while back, and I've had some fun playing with it since.  I decided to try a bit of a different technique with the set -- combining a monochromatic look with the emboss-resist technique.   I was inspired to do this by an ad I received in the mail from a furniture company, which showed a beautiful ivory-colored chair, upholstered in bright pink fabric with roses embroidered in white all over it.  That inspired me to create this card:


This card has the outline daisy image stamped in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder on Primrose Petals card stock.  I sponged over each daisy with Primrose Petals ink to make them pop!

I added a faux ribbon (just folded a strip of Primrose Petals cardstock to create the look of ribbon).  The greeting is from the Bitty Banners stamp set, stamped in Primrose Petals classic ink, and die cut with the coordinating framelit from the Bitty Banners Framelits.  For the finishing touch, I added a Rhinestone Jewel on the greeting.

I decided to experiment with some other colors as well -- here they are:




From left to right, the colors used are Raspberry Ripple, Melon Mambo, Primrose Petals, and Summer Starfruit.  Which of those is your favorite?

Do you need a Reason to Smile?  The stamp set is only available this month (until July 31st), and is only $5 with a purchase of $50 in Stampin' Up! merchandise.  Here are more details:


You can get your Reason to Smile by visiting my online store!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle





No comments: