Monday, August 6, 2012

Happiness & Love Double Time

Happy Monday!  Today I have another Triple Time stamping card to share with you.  This one I ended up modifying a bit -- went a little too stamp happy when I had the three Vanilla layers together, and decided that was not the look I wanted for the center even though I liked the other layers.  So, the center panel actually was done separately, making it more of a double than triple time card, but, oh well!  Sometimes you just have to get a little creative to make a card work out the way you want!  And, I wanted this to be extra-special since I made it to congratulate my brother and his fiancee on their engagement!!!  Here it is:



Stamp sets used on this card are Papillon Potpourri, Artistic Etchings, Elements of Style, and Language of Friendship.  For the two background layers, I stamped the images in Midnight Muse, Primrose Petals, and Raspberry Ripple.

I stamped the flowers from Language of Friendship in Midnight Muse and punched out with the coordinating Boho Blossoms Punch.  Some are popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.  Others are glued directly to the card.  I added a Basic Pearl Jewel in the center of each flower.

The "happiness & love" sentiment is from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  I stamped the words on pieces die cut using the smallest of the Bitty Banners Framelits. I then sponged around the edges of the banners with Midnight Muse ink.

The ribbon is Midnight Muse 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon.  

Hope you like this -- and if you haven't tried the Triple Time technique yet, hope you are inspired to do so!  Thanks so much for visiting my blog!  

- Michelle

No comments: