Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Peek - a - BOOOOO!

It is My Digital Studio Digital Download day!!! You can use the link at the end of the post to check out today's wonderful downloads!

A little while back, I gave you this sneak peek of a card I'd prepared for a swap I participated in with other demonstrators:  

Well, the swap is now complete, and I can show you the whole card at last!  Here it is:



It features the fun new Googly Ghouls set and coordinating Googlies embellishements from the Holiday Mini.  And, here is the card with the window frame (cut with the Peekaboo Die on the Big Shot) open to reveal a hidden message:


Lots of layers on this card!  The base is Basic Black, followed by a layer of Rich Razzleberry, another layer of Basic Black and then a piece of Whisper White, on which I created a Chevron background.  I used the Chevron embossing folder, swiped the paper with the Embossing Buddy (which turned out to be very important in keeping the embossing powder out of the debossed areas!), then used a brayer to apply Versamark on the raised area.  I sprinkled on Black Embossing Powder and heat embossed.

The More Mustard piece on top of the background is cut out with the Decorative Label Punch.  Then, using the Essentials Piercing Pack as a guide, I pierce the oval around the punch piece.  The faux stitching was added with a Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker.

Thanks for visiting my blog!  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of the card.  And, don't forget to check out today's digital download release!  (Here's the link for you again, so you don't have to scroll back up).

- Michelle




1 comment:

CraftyJAR said...

This is so cute! Love, love, love that opening panel on the card.
Judy