Thursday, September 13, 2012

Angry Birds -- Red Bird Birthday Card

I wanted to create an Angry Birds birthday card for one of my boys' friends this weekend, so did a search and found this card, which pretty directly inspired this card:



The card base is Baja Breeze.  The starburst-style background is Marina Mist card stock.  To create it, I started with a 4.25 x 4.25" piece of card stock (to match the size of the folded card base), then I cut the paper into the triangles, with all cuts starting from roughly the same center point.  I glued down every other piece I cut.  Then, used the remaining pieces to create another starburst background.

For Red Bird, I started with 2-1/2" Circle Punch-ed pieces of Poppy Parade and Whisper White, and punched the Poppy Parade piece in the circle punch a second time so the white tummy would show through. The crest and tail feathers are created with the tall, skinny heart from the Triple Heart Punch.  The eyes are created with 3/4" Circles of Whisper White and the small circle from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack in Basic Black.  For the beak, I started with a hand-cut rectangle of Daffodil Delight, sponged with Pumpkin Pie, and cut across the diagonal.  The eyebrows started as a Word Window Punched piece of Basic Black, trimmed to shape.

This was a fun card to make, and I hope the birthday boy liked it, too!

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: