Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My Digital Solution!

Happy Tuesday!  It's Digital Download day at Stampin' Up!  You can follow this link to see all of today's great new downloads, and don't forget that the 31% off select digital content has been extended to Sept. 14th (follow this link to see which downloads are 31% off)!  

I recently finished a scrapbook with some old photos from my senior year of high school and wanted to create a special cover page for the album.  Well, I decided to create something quick and easy in My Digital Studio.  Here's what I made:




One of the neat new additions in MDS2 is that you can find a supply list for your project under the "Check Project" tab.  So, check out the supplies I used on this page:

Background
     Card Stock\Old Olive

Embellishments
    Brads\Calypso Coral - brad
    Brads\Calypso Coral - brad
    Brads\Pumpkin Pie - brad

Stamps
    Fabulous Florets\Fabulous Florets - leaf, Color = GUMBALL GREEN 105,132,51

Punches
    Labels & Tags\Curly Label Punch, Fill Color = MIDNIGHT MUSE 17,69,93
    Extras\Flag Punch, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 1, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 0, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 9, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 9, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 1, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 9, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 9, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Alphabet & Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers\Timeless Type Junior Numbers - 1, Fill Color = WHISPER WHITE 255,255,255
    Flowers\Fun Flower - 2, Fill Color = BARELY BANANA 255,237,153
    Flowers\Fun Flower - 1, Fill Color = APRICOT APPEAL 255,207,145
    Flowers\Fun Flower - 4, Fill Color = BARELY BANANA 255,237,153

Photos
    Designer Series Paper\_Designer Kits\Year to Remember 2012 Calendar\Year to Remember - pattern 02


I designed my cover page as an 8 x 8" page, and printed it on my home printer.  However, I forgot that my printer does not usually print my MDS projects true to size (it shrinks things to fit its preset margins, which there are ways around, but that's another story for another time!)  


I printed on Whisper White, and trimmed away the non-printed areas:


Then, I adhered my title page to a piece of So Saffron (actually from the first official page of the scrapbook).  




I'm pretty happy with how this turned out -- sure is great to have My Digital Studio to turn to for quick and easy scrapbooking and paper crafting solutions!  

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: