Friday, September 21, 2012

Need for Speed Birthday Card

Here's a fun card I recently created for one of my 9-year-old son's friends:



I started with a Real Red card stock base.  Then, I added a layer of Real Red, embossed in the Chevron Embossing folder, which had been inked up with Basic Black ink.  I think it creates a kind of tire-tread-like effect, don't you?

The car is from the Need for Speed Stamp Set, and the "Happy Birthday" from the Perfectly Penned Stamp Set.  Those were stamped in Basic Black on Very Vanilla.  The Very Vanilla is framed with a layer of Basic Black Card Stock, and I added a piece of Basic Black, punched with the Petite Pennant Punch on the side.  The pennant was stamped with an image from the Pennant Parade stamp set, using the Illuminate Glimmer Watermark Stampin' Pad.  I also used Illuminate ink with the So Many Stars Builder Wheel to add some stars in the background of the Very Vanilla piece.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle




No comments: