Sunday, September 16, 2012

One Layer WOW for LNS

This week's challenge over at Late Night Stampers (LNS190) is to create a single layer card with a WOW technique!  Well, I've been wanting to do it all week, and finally had a few minutes today to create my card for this challenge.   I've also wanted to create a one layer watercolored card ever since I saw these beautiful cards by Maile Belles, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  Here's how my first attempt turned out:



I used Shimmery White Card Stock for it, which worked okay . . . the little sparkles in the paper that you can see in real life (although not so much in my photo!) are pretty, but I think this technique really would work even better with actual watercolor paper!  So, will have to do that for my next attempt!

The stamped images are from the Just Believe Stamp Set and were embossed in White Embossing Powder,  Then, I watercolored over the image using an Aquapainter, and picking up ink I squeezed out of my Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, Summer Starfruit, and Pool Party ink pads.  I also used a Stampin' Spritzer to spritz on some water and help my colors spread and blend better.

For an added touch of elegance, I used my Simply Scored Tool to add three scored lines on each side of the card.  Then, I finished the card by adding three Basic Pearl Jewels in each corner.

Hope you like this one!  Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle, this is a pretty card. I love how you have used this technique for a one layer card. The scoring and the pearls set if off beautifully.