Saturday, October 27, 2012

Boo!

Happy Saturday!  We're having a good day . . . I went for a run with a friend this morning, and even though when I first woke up, I was half hoping I heard rain so I could sleep in, I was nonetheless very thankful to have the time exercising and chatting with my friend!  Then, it was off to my youngest son's soccer game, which turned out to be a very exciting, good game.  And, we've managed to get the boys' pumpkins carved. Hope you're having a great Saturday as well!

Today, I thought I'd share with you a pin that I created for Halloween:



I used the Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper for the medallion that's the base.  There's a 1-3/8" Circle of Tangerine Tango on top of that, followed by a 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch piece of Silver Glimmer Paper, a Bold Brights Designer Button, and a strip of Very Vanilla, cut into a banner shape.  The "boooo" is from the Googly Ghouls stamp set, stamped in Basic Black.  I used one of the images from the Mixed Medley stamp set to add the decorations on either end of the banner, and used the direct-to-paper technique with Basic Black ink on the edges of the banner to make it even more spooky.  A few Googlies provide the finishing touch!

My friend Lea took this idea and created fabulous magnets as gifts for everyone who attended this month's Creative Connections:



Lea used stamps from the Wicked Cool stamp set to create these, along with the spider web image from Mixed Medley.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: