Monday, October 22, 2012

Trick or Treat Diorama Card

Last week, I showed you the 3D project we made at this month's Creative Connections class.  Well, today I have the special card to show you.  The hostess requested that we create a diorama card, inspired by this card by my friend Marlene Caravello, but designed for Halloween instead.   Here is the sample I created:


I decided to use the new Core'dinations card stock in Early Espresso, emboss it with the Spider Web Folder, then sand it for a spooky effect.  I also added a bit of shine on top of that by taking my Illuminate Ink Pad direct to paper across the card stock.

The window is cut with one of the Labels Framelits.  I stamped the bat, spider, and mummy from the Googly Ghouls stamp set in Early Espresso, and finished them off with Googlies.  The RIP and "Trick or Treat" images are from the Toxic Treats stamp set, again stamped in Early Espresso.  I punched out the tombstone image using the Decorative Label and the "Trick or Treat" is die cut using one of the Bitty Banners Framelits. I sponged the images first with Daffodil Delight, then a bit of Pumpkin Pie, followed by Lucky Limeade, and finished off with some Illuminate ink for a spooky-shimmery effect.

Here's a close up of the mummy, where you can also see a bit more of the shimmer:



It was great fun to see the different dioramas my friends created during class (should've taken photos of them, but, alas forgot my camera!)  Hope this inspires you to make your own fun diorama card!  (In case you haven't tried one before, these are easier than they appear -- start with 2 pieces of card stock that are 4.25 x 5.5"  (or really whatever size you'd like your card to be), score them at .5" and 1" from the edge of both the left and right sides of your card stock, cut a window in one piece, adhere the two pieces together using sticky strip between the side and first score line on each side, and decorate as desired).

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: