Saturday, February 16, 2013

Scalloped Oval Shaped Cards

Seems like the last couple of weeks have been a whirl of activity, so I haven't managed to sit and write up  posts, even though  I have been doing a fair amount of stamping and crafting!  Finally have an opportunity to do so today, though, so thought I'd share one of my favorite projects that I've been creating lately -- Scalloped Oval shaped cards, made using the new Ovals Collection Framelits in Stampin' Up!'s Spring Catalog.  The first of these cards also use several Sale-a-Bration products, so qualify for this week's Latenight Stamper's Challenge.  Here they are:




For the card above, I inked up the Bloomin' Marvelous Stamp set (one of my favorites!  I especially love the little butterfly image that fits perfectly with the new Bitty Butterfly punch!)  The designer paper is the Sycamore Street Designer Series Paper (also from Sale-a-Bration), and the ribbon is from the Sycamore Street Ribbon & Button Pack.  There's also a Pool Party button from that pack peeking out from under the butterfly.  I pierced around the designer paper oval using the new Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack (Spring Catalog, p. 27).



For my "happy birthday, cupcake!" card, I used the Patterned Occasions stamp set.  The rest of the ingredients are the same as above.  This time, however, I added some Pool Party Baker's Twine through the button, and used my Rich Razzleberry Stampin' Write Marker to add faux stitching around the card.


For this variation of the card, I printed images from the Stacks of Million Digital Collection Disc and My Digital Studio.  The little "happy b-day" label is from the Pretty Petites Stamp set (another Sale-a-Bration choice) and is punched with the coordinating Petite Curly Label punch (also a Sale-a-Bration choice!).  The little flowers are punched out with the Itty Bitty Punch Trio flowers, and have Rhinestone Jewels in the center.

And, here are a few more variations I made:







Thanks so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Saw your card on LNS Challenge and had to come leave a comment. The oval shaped card is perfect. I love how you show lots of ideas for using it and they are all great. What a fun, lovely collection of cards. Marti

MarvA1ix said...

Oh, these are delightful!!! I love to find oval cards, and can't wait to give it a try. I made circular valentines for my grandkids, and now I am so excited to give the ovals a try. Love every single one that you made, but especially loved the floral.
Bravo!

Jonia said...

Wow, love them. Thanks for playing this week at LNS.

inkedx2 said...

These are beautiful Michelle! I love all of them and feel a case coming on. So glad you were able to play along with us at LNS this week.

Robbie

Kris Sobolik said...

These are great, I love the oval shape. Thanks for joining the LNS challenge!

A Touch of SOL said...

Lovely! Thank you so much for playing with the LNS challenge!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that these oval shaped cards are delightful! What a great selection of ideas for future use. Wonderful eye candy! Marlene C.