Monday, February 4, 2013

Tea Time Butterflies For You

Happy Monday!  It's a dreary, foggy day here, so I have a bright and cheery card to share with you:


I created this for a Spring Catalog Swap last month, and it features quite a few of my favorite new products, including the Tea Time Designer Series Paper, the Bitty Butterfly punch (used with an image from Papillon Potpourri Stamp set), the Collage Curios Stamp Set, and the Soda Pop Tops.

Here's a close up of the Soda Pop Top and butterfly image:


I smushed (yes, that's the technical term - ha!) the Soda Pop Top in my Big Shot.  To do so, I opened the Multipurpose Platform to Tab 1, then created a "sandwich" on top of that consisting of one standard cutting pad on the bottom, topped by a light cardboard shim (a piece of the white cardboard that backs most Stampin' Up! designer series paper, cut to a size just a little smaller than the cutting pad), next the Soda Pop Top (you can do more than one at a time, leaving space between them so they have room to flatten out), and finally, on top of that, the other standard cutting pad.

My butterfly is stamped in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla.  Then, I sponged on some So Saffron and Calypso Coral.

The big Soda Pop tops and Collage Curios set work perfectly with the 1" Circle Punch.  I stamped the script background from Collage Curios in Early Espresso on Very Vanilla before punching it out.  Then, sponged around the edges with Crumb Cake ink.

The Soda Pop Top is adhered to a 2-3/8" Scallop Circle punched from Lucky Limeade.  The faux stitching was easy to add using the guide from the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack and a Paper Piercing Tool, then connecting the dots with my Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker.

There's a Lucky Limeade Bakers' Twine bow peeking out from under the Soda Pop Top.  The Bakers' Twine is easy to adhere using a dot of Tombo Multi Adhesive.

The "For You" banner is created using the Itty Bitty Banners Stamp Set and coordinating Bitty Banners Framelits.  I stamped the image using Early Espresso Ink on Very Vanilla Card Stock.  After die cutting the image, I sponged some Crumb Cake Ink around the edges to give it a more vintage look.

The Tea Time Designer Series Paper banner is cut using a die from the Hearts a Flutter Framelits.

The card base is Lucky Limeade.  The Very Vanilla layer on top of that is stamped in the upper right hand corner with three Early Espresso butterflies.  Those are an image from the Collage Curios stamp set.  And, last but not least, there is a length of Calypso Coral 3/8" Ruffled Ribbon.

Hope this brightens your day!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boy, it sure does brighten my day! I love looking at the card...so cheery. My club ladies just love it too. TFS, Marlene C.