Monday, February 25, 2013

Valentine's Goodies from Marlene!


I have a real treat for you today!   Here are a few of the works of art I received recently when swapping with my very talented friend Marlene.  Aren't these wonderful?!   

Here is a gorgeous heart shaped card:  



I love the soft colors Marlene used.  The card base is actually Very Vanilla, sponged with Pink Pirouette.  The flowers are from the Artisan Embellishment kit.  And, the ribbon is Pink Pirouette Taffeta.  The designer paper is from the Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, and is embossed with the Petals a Plenty Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  My photo does not do this card justice because in real life, it just sparkles.  Marlene added glitter around the designer series paper heart, in the embossed flower centers, and on the butterfly.  The butterfly is punched out of the designer paper with layers from both the Elegant and Petite Butterfly Punches.

The card opens to reveal this beautiful surprise:


Marlene also created these fun candy treats for me (and my lucky boys!) using a fun combination of Heart Framelits die cuts and heart punches:


The arrow shaft is actually a 1 x 8" Cellophane bag filled with candies.  Very clever!  The "Happy Valentine's Day" stamp is from the Wacky Wishes Hostess Set in the 2012-13 Idea Book.

And, here is another clever candy treat that Marlene crafted for me:



She used Brenda Quintana's tutorial, which you can see here.  (I noticed while on Brenda's blogs that she has some other amazing tutorials like this, including this one for a shamrock for St. Patrick's Day, which I'm going to have to try soon!)

Thanks, Marlene, for sharing these wonderful creations!!!!

- Michelle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you once again for displaying my work and talking it up so wonderfully! You're the best! Marlene C.