Friday, March 8, 2013

Hostess Tea Favors and Make and Take Card

Yesterday, I posted photos of the food and paper-crafted fashion show from this year's Hostess Appreciation Tea.  Today, I have photos for you of the favors and the make and take card sample.

First, for the make and take, we created a rather quick and easy card using a 4" square Crumb Cake card base, some pieces of Tea for Two Designer Series Paper, the Feeling Sentimental Sale-a-Bration stamp set, That's the Ticket Stamp Set, the Ticket Duo Builder Punch, and a dyed Flower Trim rose.  Here are a couple photos of the sample I created:



The frosted, antique look behind the Ferris wheel is from using the direct to paper technique with a Whisper White Craft Ink pad before stamping the Ferris wheel in Soft Suede Classic Ink.  During the tea, one of my friends stamped the ticket using Island Indigo, and I really liked how that turned out, so created this version to show you, too:




For the favors, I filled the glassine bags that came with the cute Halloween favor kits in the Holiday Catalog with candies, then folded them closed.  I added a band of More Amore Designer Specialty Paper around the bag, along with a ribbon, and a Tea Time Trinket.  Here they all are nestled in a basket, ready to distribute:


And here are some close ups of some of the individual favor bags:








Aside from the Trinkets, which I knew I had to order for the tea as soon as I saw them in the Spring Catalog, my next favorite part of the favors is the big flower on them.  I created them using the Blossom Punch for the largest flowers.  I punched a card stock flower out of either Pool Party or Primrose Petals, and then another out of Creped Filter Paper (I left the one for Pool Party plain, but sponged the ones for the Primrose Petal flowers with Primrose Petals Classic Ink).  On top of that, I added a 7/8" Scallop Circle Punched piece of card stock, and last but not least a Flower Trim rose (dyed using a Stampin' Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol, four drops of either Melon Mambo or Tempting Turquoise, and a few drops of Frost White Shimmer Paint).  Here are a couple photos of the flowers before they were attached to the favors:





Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle


No comments: