Monday, March 18, 2013

Marlene's Bunny Basket and Oh, Lucky Day! My Paper Pumpkin Arrived!

Hi!  I've been quiet lately -- lots going on again, including a wonderful visit with my brother and his fiancee, lots of baseball with my boys, and some intense work on the boys' school's yearbook!  Just had to pop in today, though, and share a couple things!  You'll want to read on to the bottom of the post, though -- don't miss Marlene's bunny basket!)   First, look at what arrived in my mailbox today (minus the clovers, which I just added for fun when I took the photo):



My Paper Pumpkin!!!!  This is a new offering from Stampin' Up! -- a fun monthly kit!  You can learn more about My Paper Pumpkin here.

The clovers are some special treats the boys and I created for their teachers for St. Patrick's Day -- I saw the tutorial to make these on Brenda Quintana's blog, and just had to make some!  Here's a close up of some that I made:



(The top one is Garden Green on the outside, with Wild Wasabi inside, and the bottom one is Wild Wasabi outside with Certainly Celery inside.)

I found the clovers on Brenda's blog after I received some goodies in my last swap with my amazing, talented, awesome friend Marlene Caravello that were also inspired by Brenda's Hershey's designs.  Here's what I received from Marlene that started it all:


This Valentine's heart, for which you can find Brenda Quintana's tutorial here.  And, Marlene used a method similar to Brenda's to create Hershey's Easter eggs for an adorable basket she gave me.  Here is a photo of those:




And here's the rest of the basket, along with some close ups of the adorable details:




The punch art bunny is just so cute!  Marlene found directions for the Easter Basket here (link is to the basic tutorial, the post before shows Michelle G's original basket and bunny punch art that inspired Marlene's creation).   I love how Marlene used the Woodgrain Embossing folder to add texture to the basket -- such a neat idea!  The little tag with the bunny from the Itty Bitties Stamp set is just perfect, too!

Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: