Monday, April 22, 2013

Butterflies!

Hi!  Happy Earth Day!  Seemed like the perfect day to share some cards I have created recently using the Swallowtail stamp from the Spring Catalog, and various colors of embossing powder.  I guess because of the coloring these are no longer truly Swallowtails, but I still think they are beautiful butterflies even if not so realistic.  How about you?

First up is a butterfly embossed using Versamark Ink along with Early Espresso, Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo and just a little bit of Pool Party embossing powder on a piece of Pool Party card stock.  I was inspired to try embossing with multiple colors from a beautiful sample by Betty Gillespie in a Spring Catalog swap I participated in.  (On her card, Betty embossed the Swallowtail with Pool Party, Wild Wasabi, and Early Espresso powder on Very Vanilla card stock.)  I stamped the Pool Party with the splatter stamp from the My Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit in Pool Party ink.  The Pool Party is layered onto a piece of Early Espresso, and then onto a Pool Party card base:


Here's a close up:



Here's another version, this time with the butterfly embossed on Very Vanilla (everything else is the same):


For the next card, I went back to embossing on Pool Party card stock, and used the same four colors of embossing powder, just more mixed up rather than poured on in blocks of color:


For the next card, I embossed the swallowtail on Vellum using Versamark Ink and Early Espresso Embossing Powder.  I sponged Tangerine Tango Ink onto the back of the vellum, which I guess makes this butterfly look like a cross between a Swallowtail and a Monarch?

I fussy cut the butterfly, then added it to a piece of Bashful Blue, which had been embossed using the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.  The card base is also Bashful Blue (a retiring color!  If this is one of your favorites, be sure to stock up on it before it is too late):


And, finally, this butterfly is embossed on Whisper White card stock, using Versamark and Early Espresso Embossing Powder with a bit of Tangerine Tango embossing powder as well.  The butterfly is fussy cut and attached to a piece of Early Espresso, which I stamped with the splatter stamp from the My Paper Pumpkin Welcome Kit, and attached to a Whisper White card base:



Thanks for stopping by and checking out all my butterfly cards!

- Michelle

No comments: