Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Funny bunnies . . .

It was love at first sight when I saw this project by Carrie C. on Stampin' Up!'s blog.  So, I decided to case (or, recreate, for those not familiar with stamper lingo ;)  ) the bunny, but as a card rather than a basket.  (I don't have the Distressed Dots background stamp yet, but after seeing it on Carrie's bunny basket and a few other projects, it's definitely on my wish list!  Otherwise, my supply list is the same as Carrie's.)

To make the bunny as a card, I used the same punch art pieces to create the bunny as described on Carrie's blog post, then cut a card base using the same oval framelit as for the bunny's body.  I positioned the base so that the fold of the card base was inside the framelit and wouldn't be cut off (you can see what I mean in the third photo below, which shows the back of the bunny).

And, they turned out so cute, I couldn't stop with just one bunny . . . so, here are a couple of my cards:

(The inside of the ears on the bunny above are a design from the Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stack, the rest of the designer series paper is from the More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper).


For the bunnies' tail, I added a 7/8" Scallop Punch, popped up with a Stampin' Dimensional, on the back of the card.



By the way, there are some great new downloads this week.  You can check them out here.

Thanks for hopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: