Monday, May 13, 2013

Amazing Mother, Friend Cards and a Little Sneak Peek . . .

A little over a week ago, on National Scrapbooking Day, I co-hosted a Pre-Mother's Day Craft and Jewelry party with a friend, and it was great fun!  I designed a special card for a make and take that could be used either as a card for a special friend or as a Mother's Day card.  Here is the sample I created:



The card is a mix of retiring and continuing products (and one of the inks is actually a sneak peek).  Here are the supplies used:

Stamps:  Amazing Family, French Foliage, Best of Flowers
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and Smoky Slate (the sneak peek color!)
Paper:  Shimmery White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink and Regal Rose Card Stock; Fan Fair Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Pearl Jewels, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Elegant and Bitty Butterfly Punches, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Pretty in Pink Scalloped Polka Dot Ribbon, Basic Pearl Jewels.

I also made a stepped up version of the card, featuring a couple other sneak peek items for my own amazing mom:








The sneak peek items on this are the Modern Mosaic Embossing Folder and the roses, made using the new Simply Pressed Clay and Buttons & Blossoms Simply Pressed Clay Molds!  I spritzed these roses with Gold Smooch Spritz (retiring) for a fun effect.  Here's a closer view of one of the roses:



They were easy to attach to the card with a dot of Tombo Multipurpose Glue.  I'm having so much fun playing with the clay and molds -- will have more to show you with those, hopefully  soon!  Just need to take some photos!

And, I also wanted to share a beautiful little post-Mother's Day treat -- I have a couple African violet plants that I keep in memory of my grandma, who used to have the most amazing and beautiful collection of violets I've ever seen.  Anyway, my violets have burst into bloom right now, and looking at these makes me so happy, just had to share:






 Thank so much for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: