Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"I Dig You" Photo Holders

In yesterday's post, I showed you the appreciation gifts I created for my co-teachers at last week's vacation bible school (vbs).  Up today are the photo holders I created for each person in our class.  Our vbs theme was "Dig Down Deep" and included both construction and dinosaurs as part of it, so I decided to use the now retired Dinoroar stamp set and a color scheme of Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Going Gray and Basic Black.  Here's how the photo holders turned out:


On the back, I added the info about our class (we were the Stegosaurus class), and the Bible verse we memorized that week:



Here's a closer view of the dinosaur stamping:



To create the holder, I started with a piece of 5-1/2 x 8-1/2" Pumpkin Pie.  I scored it at 6-1/4" on the 8-1/2" side, and folded it.  I added a 5-1/2" x 2" piece of Going Gray to the short side of the Pumpkin Pie.  A bit of sticky strip on each side, and it was ready to hold photos!


- Michelle

No comments: