Wednesday, July 3, 2013

In Color Backyard Bird Card For You

My new catalog open house was Friday, and I had so much fun with the ladies who came!  Here is the make and take card we created at the party -- I designed it so everyone would have a chance to try out one of my favorite new stamping toys, . . . uh, I mean tools . . . the Big Shot magnetic platform (which works like a charm to keep Framelits in place as you run them through the machine)!!!   



The base for this card is Coastal Cabana, one of the new 2013-15 In Colors.  We also used the beautiful new Venetian Romance Designer Paper and flirty, fun Baked Brown Sugar 3/8" Ruffle Stretch Trim.  The stamp sets are Backyard Basics and Chalk Talk, which we could die cut with the coordinating Framelits (as well as the new Circles Collection Framelits for the "For You" stamp from Chalk Talk).

We used Aquapainters and ink from the Coastal Cabana, Crisp Cantaloupe and Baked Brown Sugar ink pads to watercolor the "for you" and little bird images.  Here's a close up of the bird I created for the sample:


 A couple of my friends, Teresa and Jean, decided to watercolor their birds a little differently -- they added some beautiful touches of Crisp Cantaloupe to their birds' cheeks and tail feathers.  Here are their cards, with the sample in the middle:





I liked their variation so much, I decided to copy that for another card I made -- although I ended up using the Cantaloupe on the bird's cheek and breast feathers instead:

And, I couldn't stop there . . . had to try a variation of the card with the butterfly from Backyard Basics as well.  Here's how that turned out:



Which is your favorite?  Please leave me a comment and let me know -- always enjoy hearing from you!

Thanks,

- Michelle










No comments: