Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Merry Mosaic Christmas Tree Card

Happy Tuesday!  I actually have a Christmas in July post for you today!  I recently participated in a Christmas swap, and decided to get a little creative and use a not-necessarily-intended for Christmas set --the Mosaic Madness stamp set and coordinating Mosaic Punch -- to create a tree!  Here is how that turned out:  


The tree above is made using Pistachio Pudding-stamped and punched pieces, but I also experimented with Wild Wasabi, and a combination of Pistachio and Wasabi:





I think my favorite is the Pistachio Pudding tree.  Which do you like best?

The tree's ornaments are images stamped from the Mosaic Madness stamp set as well.  I fussy cut some, and others I punched with the four petal flower from the Itty Bitty Punch Pack.

The tree's base is also punched with the Mosaic Punch -- I just cut piece in half.  

I used Illuminate ink to stamp the background images on the Bashful Blue Card Stock, and painted the ink on some of the ornaments and the star atop the tree, for a little extra sparkle.




"Merry" is from the Pennant Parade Stamp Set.  I stamped it on a piece of Crumb Cake card stock cut using the Bitty Banners Framelits.

Supplies used:

Stamp sets:  Mosaic Madness, Pennant Parade
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, Crushed Curry, Illuminate
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi, Bashful Blue
Accessories:  Mosaic Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, Needlepoint Border Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Dazzling Details


And, don't forget it's digital download day -- click here to check out the latest and greatest downloads for My Digital Studio (and more!)

Thanks for visiting!
- Michelle

No comments: