Thursday, September 12, 2013

Creepy, Crawly Halloween

Stampin' Up!'s Holiday Catalog is packed with so many fun new stamps and products!!  If you haven't seen it yet, you can browse it online here -- after you see the rest of the post, please! ;)  Anyway, a little while back, I created this card, which uses the new Halloween Bash stamp set, for a card swap with some other demonstrators:


To create the starburst background, I cut Modern Medley Designer Paper into triangles, layered into the starburst pattern on a piece of Very Vanilla, adhered the designer paper, then trimmed off the excess.  That piece is layered first onto a piece of Basic Black, and then another piece of Very Vanilla, and finally onto the Basic Black card base.  

I embossed the "Celebrate . . . " using a combination of Gold and Tangerine Tango embossing powders onto a piece of vellum, which I tore at the bottom, and attached to the card using a bit of Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape.  Here's a closer view of that:



Along the bottom of the card I attached pieces of vellum, on which I'd embossed the image with Versamark ink and black powder, then punched out with the Ticket Duo Builder Punch:


I added a Tangerine Tango Candy Dot for a pop of color.

Inside the card, I used more of the Witches' Brew Designer Washi Tape to attach a piece of Very Vanilla, which I'd also stamped with the bat and "Beware" image:




I also added the supply recipe for the card inside, again using a piece of the washi tape -- lovin' that stuff!!! 

Here's what's in the brew for this card:

Stamp Set:  Halloween Bash
Inks:  Versamark, Basic Black
Paper:  Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Vellum Card Stock, and Modern Medley Designer Series Paper

Thanks for visiting my blog!

- Michelle

No comments: