Friday, September 13, 2013

Glimmery Flurries

Before I move along to showing you a card, you should know that Stampin' Up! has added some great new items to the clearance rack -- totally understand if you want to head over there and check that out first, then please come back to see my sparkly snowflake card!  ;)

Yesterday, I showed you a Halloween card I created for a recent swap of cards using new products from the Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog.  Today, I have a Christmas card to share with you, using a set I couldn't resist when I saw the new catalog -- the Festive Flurry stamp set and coordinating dies (available in a bundle for 15% savings)!  Here's the card I created -- it is a gatefold card, and my favorite part of it is the large, sparkling snowflake on the front:


Here's the card opening to reveal the message inside, from the Christmas Messages stamp set, and stamped in Island Indigo to coordinate with the Winter Frost Specialty Paper used on the front:


And, the Whisper White Organza Ribbon is wrapped all around the left side, so it is a pretty accent on the inside as well as outside of the card:


Here's another view of the card, all wrapped up and ready to be mailed to the other swappers.   I think you can see a bit better here that the largest snowflake is cut out of Silver Glimmer Paper (and actually has a same size snowflake cut of Smoky Slate behind it to give it even more heft).  The next smallest snowflake is cut out of the new Silver Foil Sheets, and has the coordinating stamp set image stamped and embossed on it with Pool Party Embossing Powder.  Topping that off is one of the gorgeous new Frosted Finishes Embellishments.


Here's the recipe for the card, which I attached to the back of the card using some of the Season of Style Designer Washi Tape, to make it easy for those receiving it in the swap to remove if they want to use:


What do you think?  Hope you like it!

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle


No comments: