Thursday, September 26, 2013

World Record Card!

So, this post is just a bit (okay, long!) overdue, but I didn't want to miss the chance to share with you a very special card I received in the mail back near the end of (ahem) July!  This card really made my day (think jumping up and down with excitement when I opened it, and a silly smile from ear to ear!), and is extra special for a lot of reasons --  but, to name just a few:  first, receiving a handmade card from a dear friend is always a treat; second, it is from my dear friend Marlene Caravello and she's an amazing artist; and third, it was sent from Stampin' Up!'s Convention in July as part of a Guinness World Record for most greeting cards sent from a single location at one time!  What a thrill to be a recipient of one of the record-setting cards!!!!  Thank you so much for thinking of me, Marlene!!!

Okay, so after all that, are you ready to see the card?  Here it is:



Isn't it a beauty!?  And, I love the sentiment!  The sentiment is from the Label Love stamp set and is stamped on vellum and punched with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch.  Marlene also used the Mosaic Madness stamp set and coordinating punch and embossing folder.  And, I love how she added a banner made from the Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape, too -- looks like she attached it to a piece of card stock and die cut it with one of the Bitty Banners Framelits!  So clever!

  Thanks for visiting my blog!  


- Michelle

No comments: