Saturday, January 25, 2014

Birthday Sprinkles and Sparkles

Happy Saturday!  Hope you're having a great weekend.  It was a pretty relaxed day around here . . . we were able to sleep in a bit (although not particularly peacefully as both the boys and the cat woke reasonably early and were anxious for us to join them), ran a few errands (including a successful trip to find some new magnetic sheets for holding my framelits in place!!!), spent some time playing outside (gotta love California weather!), and managed to sneak in a bit of crafting (some pretty random projects . . . working with decoupage glue and primer today, though not at the same time and not for the same project).

Anyway, thought I'd pop in and share a birthday card I created a little earlier this month.   It uses some fun new stamps and products from the Occasions catalog:


The card base is one of the new Watercolor Wonder Designer Note Cards & Envelopes.  I stamped the "Happy Birthday to You" directly on it, using Strawberry Slush ink, and coloring in the "Happy" and "To You" with a Crisp Cantaloupe Stampin' Write Marker.  The greeting and the cupcake stamp are both from the new Another Great Year stamp set.  I inked the cupcake image with markers, stamped it, and colored it in again with markers, and added some Dazzling Details as a bit of 3D "frosting."  I punched out the cupcake image using the 1" Circle Punch and layered it on a piece of Champagne Glimmer Paper punched out with the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch.  Then, I sprinkled some gold sequins around (these are taken from the new Gold Sequin Trim).

Here's how I finished the inside of the card:



And, here's a bit of spring sunshine from my garden:



Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: