Thursday, January 30, 2014

Sale-a-Bration Gold!

Sale-a-Bration is here!!!!  This is one of my favorite Stampin' Up! promotions -- where you can choose from a selection of exclusive products, and get one FREE with each $50 purchase.   And, this year, Stampin' Up! has made it even easier by creating six bundles (with some variations that actually result in about 17 different choices if you look at them in the online store), each priced just over $50, that you can choose and earn a Sale-a-Bration gift.  Or, you can still order $50 of whichever products you want and earn a gift.  Lots of great ways to sale-a-brate this year!!!  You can see the exclusive Sale-a-Bration products in the online brochure here (or if you'd like your own hard copy, please let me know).

Anyway, to kick off Sale-a-Bration here on my blog, I have some samples I created with the Good as Gold Card kit (you can see it on page 12 of the Sale-a-Bration brochure).  The kit is designed to create 8 cards (3-1/2" x 5").  I created a few cards based on the samples shown with the kit.  Here are a couple of those:





Then, I decided to play around ever so slightly with the design.  The kit comes with quite a few printed die cut tags, and I thought it would be fun to layer them on one of my cards.  I also omitted the Gold Foil Tag here, and just used the star from one of the others:


Then, for this one, I just flipped around some of the tags for a little different layout and added some more stars to the printed tag:



For the rest of my cards, I cut apart the card bases, and used the printed pattern like designer paper.  I added that to some Crumb Cake and Whisper White card bases I cut (I stayed with 3-1/2" x 5" for most of these, but there is one 4-1/4 x 5-1/2" card in the bunch, too).

One of the things I love about this kit is that the tags are printed in 3 different languages!  I showed that off on this card:


On the next card, I added a bit of Watercolor Wonder Designer Washi Tape (from the Occasions 2014 Catalog):

 This is my standard A2 size card:


For the next two, I added the "just for you" image from the Label Love stamp set, punched out with the coordinating Artisan Label Punch (available together in the Label Love bundle).  The image is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White card stock.



And, last but not least, for this card, I added an image from the Banner Greetings hostess set.  Again, I stamped the image in Bermuda Bay ink on Whisper White Card Stock.  I trimmed the banner by hand, but it occurs to me that I really should have used one of the new banner framelits instead!  (Next time!)


Here's a photo of all of my cards together (with the exception of one that I sent out before taking photos!) 



And, I thought it was funny, while I was trying to photograph these, my little furry photobomber decided to poke her nose in and make an appearance (she can't let the cards have all the attention!!!):





 Can you believe that I still have some pieces left from the Good as Gold kit after making all these cards?  Those will soon find their way onto other cards, I'm sure.  Can you also tell how much fun I had with this kit?  Such a great value!!!  Hope you are inspired to try it out for yourself!

Thanks for visiting my blog.

- Michelle

No comments: