Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day . . . a wee Bit Late!

Hope the luck o' the Irish has been with you this week!  We had a bit of a rough start, finding out on Sunday that my older son had managed to break the tip of his finger during a baseball game on Saturday.  He's been very brave about the whole thing and seems to be healing well, so definitely thankful for that!

Anyway, it's a wee bit late for this year, but thought I'd show you a fun St. Patrick's Day project I created for a 3D item swap with my SUper Friends when we last got together (almost a month ago now -- where has March gone?!)   I used the Luck 'O the Irish Ensemble to create my project, simply printing out the patterns from the download to create these cute leprechaun hat favors:





The "Lucky" tag is also printed from the Luck 'O the Irish Ensemble.  It can be used to create an adorable banner, but I thought it would also work as an adorable tag/ mini-notecard with my hat favors.  I attached it to the hat with some of the new Gold Baker's Twine.

My printer was not cooperating very well with me as I was trying to print these out (print heads needed cleaning and some other technical difficulties), but I took a photo of this to give you the basic idea what the print out looked like (you can also see one of the truffles I placed in the assembled hats, along with one of the assembled hats):


Here's a view of the candy inserted in the hat.  Afterwards, I covered it and finished the hat by attaching a solid green printed circle, which I had punched out using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch (gotta love how the downloads are designed to coordinate with existing Stampin' Up! punches and framelits!!!!), on to cover the bottom.


Here are a few together (the little clovers on the hats were created using the Small Heart punch):


Thanks for stopping by!

- Michelle

No comments: