Monday, March 24, 2014

It's a Sale-a-Bration Birthday!

Only about a week left of Sale-a-Bration!!!  Yikes!  That went quickly!!!  What were the must-have items on your list from Sale-a-Bration?  I hope you've gotten them, or if not, will get them soon!

Sale-a-Bration is a sort of a birthday for me as far as my Stampin' Up! business -- I joined during Sale-a-Bration 9 years ago now!!! A few weeks back, I received this gorgeous card in the mail from my dear friend Marlene Caravello (we swap regularly, and if you read my blog regularly, you've probably seen her amazing work here before!!!):



If you know Marlene's work, you know that the insides of her cards are as amazing as the outside!  And, this card is no exception to that -- here's the fun surprise inside:



Lots of Sale-a-Bration goodies used on this card!  Marlene used the Petal Parade stamp set to make the beautiful pattern on the front of the card, and even heat embossed some of the petals as well as the greeting with gold embossing powder.  Marlene also used the Decorative Dots embossing folder (another Sale-a-Bration item) to add texture to the Pistachio Pudding tag, which is cut with the Chalk Talk framelits, and peeking out behind the greeting.  The greeting is from the Just Sayin' stamp set, and die cut with the Word Bubbles Framelits (these are available together in this bundle).  The butterflies are die cut and punched from either Sweet Sorbet paper or Pistachio Pudding card stock.  The greeting inside is from the See Ya Later stamp set (also from Sale-a-Bration).

While I must admit being crazy about all the free choices, if I was forced to choose a favorite, I think perhaps it would be the Sweet Sorbet paper!  It's so soft and beautiful!!!  I actually even had fun using it to wrap a friend's birthday presents:



And, of course, had to use some of the Crisp Cantaloupe Twine from the coordinating Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack to try to tie it all up neatly(?) with a bow!

Hope you enjoyed these ideas!  Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: