Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Spring Garden Card in a Box

I just love spring!  And, I especially love spring flowers!  The weather has been pretty nice here, and I was inspired to do some gardening.  However, it must be said I don't have a particularly green thumb!  For instance, I saw these ranunculus at the store and brought them home: 


Then, I got distracted and didn't plant them right away.  Oops!  So, by the time I planted them (ahem, more than a week later . . . ), they were pretty wilty and droopy:



They are perking up a bit now that they are in the ground, so I have hope they may recover!  We'll see!! Here are the rest of the new flowers I've planted:


And, a close up of some of my favorite new daisies:


Spring in California also means rainbows -- both from the sprinkler . . .


. . . and a real one spotted yesterday when we were getting some light rain:



Anyway, enough about my adventures in gardening!  On to a card for today!!!

But, in keeping with the gardening theme, I thought I'd share my flowery card in a box!  I've been seeing a lot of this style of card on Pinterest, and decided to try my hand at making one for my most recent swap with my good friend Marlene. This card was created to fit our Mother's Day and "card that moves" categories for our swap.



These cards are so much fun!!  I love how they fold flat to slip into an envelope for someone special:



 And, a special card deserves a special envelope, so I used my Envelope Punch Board to create this  envelope out of the Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper, which I also used on the card:



In case you are interested, the rest of the supplies used:

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes, Petite Petals, Flower Shop
Ink:  Island Indigo, Perfect Plum, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Whisper White, So Saffron, Pool Party, Perfect Plum, Gumball Green Card Stock and Watercolor Wonder Designer Series Paper
Accessories:  Envelope Punch Board, Secret Gardens Framelits Dies, Petite Petal Punch, Pansy Punch, Scallops Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Extra-Large Oval Punch, Candy Dots, and Gumball Green Stitched Ribbon

Thanks for visiting!

- Michelle

No comments: