Sunday, April 6, 2014

Cupcake Card in a Box

Today I thought I'd share a cupcake-filled card in a box I designed for a recent class.  This one was inspired by this card I saw on Pinterest (and actually I've been seeing and pinning quite a few great card in a box ideas there lately . . . if you'd like, you can see them on my Card in a Box pin board.)  

For my cupcake card, I started with the Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper -- love the fun, fresh color combination!  My card base is Baked Brown Sugar, and the cupcakes are punched out of Baked Brown Sugar, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, and Coastal Cabana Card Stock.  The gold stars that appear to float out around the cupcakes are on little pieces of Window Sheets.  It turns out that the best way to attach the stars and Window Sheets to each other and the card (without leaving sticky, glue-y fingerprints on the Window Sheets) is using mini glue dots!   Guess how I figured that out? :)  







Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Create a Cupcake, Perfect Pennants ("Make a Wish" on the back), Peachy Keen (arrows), Yippee Skippee ("carbs, schmarbs" saying)
Ink:  Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, and Tangerine Tango
Paper:  Baked Brown Sugar, Coastal Cabana, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White Card Stock; Gold Foil Sheets; Retro Fresh Designer Series Paper; Window Sheets

Thanks for stopping by!!!

- Michelle

No comments: